Just weeks after it was presented at the CES2020, Delta Cargo officially launches CarePod: its innovative pet travel solution offering real-time updates en route, and “heralding a new standard of first-class safety and care for pet air travel.”
This frontrunner is the result of five years of research, development and testing, and follows a two-month trial. CarePod is now ready to go live exclusively on Delta and will be available at eight U.S. locations: Atlanta, Boston, Los Angeles, Minneapolis, New York (JFK and LaGuardia), San Francisco and West Palm Beach, before being successively rolled out across the airline's U.S. network.
Delta Cargo’s Vice President, Shawn Cole, stated: "Continuous innovation is in Delta's DNA and the launch of the CarePod pet travel carrier, an industry first, is an example of us seeking out innovative partnerships and looking at ways to improve the customer experience throughout all parts of their journey. As the only airline to offer this premium pet travel solution, it represents a significant improvement for the millions of people that want to travel with their four-legged family members."
Delta Cargo’s collaboration with CarePod began in 2018, and in line with the airline’s focus on tech-driven solutions to enhance its customer experience, they co-developed a process that allows for the animal’s welfare in the IATA compliant pet travel carrier to be digitally monitored along the journey, 24/7/365. The CarePod’s innovative safety features include:
- Stronger, industrial strength walls, insulated to protect the animal against potential temperature fluctuations en route
- Multi-layered windows and doors with specially angled blinds, creating a calming environment for pets by blocking out visual stress from unfamiliar environments.
- The world's first built-in hydration system for pet travel carriers, holding up to a liter of water that will auto replenish the spill-proof water bowl to ensure pets always have easy access to fresh water.
- An enterprise level GPS tracking and monitoring that connects the animal's journey directly to the specialized Delta Cargo Control Center, who can send out staff on the ground to check on the pet if needed.
- Seamless connectivity enabling customers to view their pet's key travel updates throughout their entire journey via deltacargo.com on their smartphone
- Highest quality, human grade materials that are non-toxic, UV and antibacterial treated for longer lasting strength and protection.
Jenny Pan, founder and CEO of CarePod, said: "We're thrilled that pet owners can now vacation and fly their pets with Delta's best-in-class CarePod solution, having the peace of mind that their pets are protected in smart pet travel carriers, that are also digitally supervised by the Delta Cargo Control Center throughout the entire journey. With the Delta partnership, we aim to raise the benchmark for pet air travel to allow families and pets to stay connected and travel safely together."
The CarePod combined with Delta's team of animal specialists, staff veterinarians and specially trained ground handlers, as well as temperature-controlled holding areas and vehicles in many Delta locations, and overnight kenneling services where required, ensure that pets travel safely and healthily. The IATA compliant CarePod accommodates dogs and cats permitted in a 300 series crate or smaller, can be booked between three and thirteen days prior to departure, by visiting deltacargo.com or by calling Delta's Cargo Customer Service Center at 1-800-352-2746.
We always welcome your comments to our articles. However, we can only publish them when the sender name is authentic.